Saturday, July 02, 2011

I find myself getting hooked into the folk tale book I borrowed from the library... It's super good. I liked this one from the south alot. It's short, and funny.

THIS is a real good story...
BABY IN THE CRIB

John stole a pig from Old Marsa. He was on his way home with him and his Old Marsa seen him. After John got home he looked out and seen his Old Marsa coming down to the house. So he put this pig in a cradle they used to rock the babies in in them days (some people called them cribs), and he covered him up. When his Old Marsa come in John was sitting there rocking him.
Old Marsa says, "What's the matter with the baby, John?"
"The baby's got the measles."
"I want to see him."
John said, "Well you can't; the doctor said if you uncover him the measles will go back in on him and kill him."
So, his Old Marsa said, "It doesn't matter; I want to see him, John."
He reached down to uncover him.
John said, "If that baby is turned to a pig now, don't blame me."

It might be just me...But this one made me laugh. :)

I really like this one! :)

3 comments:

Levi and Marissa said...

Ha ha.. that's pretty good!

Mary Powell said...

I really liked it!

Dana Powell said...

Funny! That is why I miss you, you can always make me laugh! Love Mom