Friday, March 11, 2011

TSUNAMI! warning....

So, last night at around nine pm HST, we got a warning that a tsunami might be headed to the coast of Hawaii. We were all instructed to pack a bag, and stay in the second floor of the dorms. So, naturally, i went outside to look for someone. :) I did come back, and packed my little bag, took a shower, and waited patiently with my friend for a Tsunami to hit. It was interesting to speculate, and watch the news show pictures of little three feet waves saying that there were more to come that could vary in height and damage size. To me, it was a good excuse to not do homework, and hang out in my room waiting for eminent "death". I do not know what it is about me with disasters or emergencies, but I all of the sudden, get really calm, and think logically. SUPER wierd. I mean, if it is something I have alot of time to worry about, I will worry my little heart out, and wring my hands till they're raw. But when it comes to an unexpected emergency, cool as a cucumber. Anyhoo, so campus was closed this morning, but opened up at around ten, life is back to normal. I think the place that took the most damage on BYUH campus, was my room...It's a mess! I love that my family calls and texts me most of the night to make sure I am ok. I love that they love me enough, to call the school, and ask when it is open, and if classes are back in session, and watch the news and make sure what is actually going on because I am a dunce when it comes to finding true information. (Thank you Mom! :0) I just hope things in Japan get better soon.. It breaks my heart to see that footage. Thank you everyone for checking on me. Love you!

Aloha!


2 comments:

Dana Powell said...

You're very welcme! I love you! Glad you aren't floating on the roof of a bldg in the ocean! Love, Mom

Mary Powell said...

That makes two of us! I promise next time David comes and wants to take me up on some mountain with his machete and bow and arrow, I'll go. Hahaha, Though I think i fear the Machete more!!