Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Welcome to my klutzy life.....
So, for anyone who doesn't already know, me and the bushes on BYU Hawaii campus have gotten very well aquainted these past couple of months. Me and my bike seem to have regular run-ins with the bushes.
1.) Going into my dorm, pulled to a stop, couldnt reach the ground to lean over. completley fell over into the bushes in front of my dorm.
2.) In front of the married student housing...This is the best one... I took a corner a little too hard, hit the handicapped parking pole, fell off my bike, into the bushes, my bike fell on top of me, and then the pole that I ran into fell on top of me as well. So, I am trapped on my back in the bushes with a bicycle and a handicapped pole on top of me....NOT cute!
3.) Had a really heavy back pack due to a large class load that day, took off from the curb (I am learning!) And then I realized, that I had put the seat up WAAYY to high. So, I tried to dismount on the pavement, completley fell over in front of a whole bunch of pedestrians and a semi delivery truck. AND my laptop was in my backpack.
4.) Comming out of my dorm room one morning, I tried to get on my bike, missed, and fell into the bushes again....about ten feet away from the other one. I now have two dents in the bushes infront of my dorm, both of which daily remind me that I am a Klutz.
5.) Trying to go into the mail room to pick up my mail. Tried to stop the bike, lost my footing, and fell into a planter, where there was no bush to be found. (Turns out, i prefer the Bush!)

There have been so many other non-bike accidents that it is not even funny! I knew I was definitley uncoordinated before, but hawaii seems to intensify it about ten fold!

Other funny things that have happened to me:
-A few days ago, a psychopath lizard attacked my foot...There was ALOT of screaming...

-I went to a place called Bikini Beach...Turns out...It is completely crab infested. It was super creepy, they were popping out of the sand...LIKE DAISIES!!

-Geckos are over running our dorm...I can hear them call to eachother at night...wierd.

So, things have been pretty much awsome here! I love it! I love that I am going to college here! i miss my family a bit... Just a bit though. i dont know if anyone reads this blog anymore, but I still like to write on it anyway. <3

Aloha!!

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Ha ha Mary! You make me laugh. So wish I could have been there to see ALL of this :) Sounds like you're having a blast though! :)

michael p said...

mary this is mchael. mom just told me about your blog and i thought i would tell you i thought your hadicaped pole incedent was funny. im exited to come visit you and david and ill talk to you later

Dana Powell said...

Hadn't heard the crab incident. You are funny! Love, Mom

Laurel Jensen said...

Of course someone's reading your blog! Keep having fun! Teenie